Structural rigid polyurethane is a very versatile thermosetting polymer with particular technical characteristics.
With a great flexibility useful in the creation of particular and often complex shapes, Polyurethane represents the result of the chemical reaction of two substances:
When mixed, they create a foam that once solidified in specific molds, looks like a structure with a compact surface, which gives the molded parts high mechanical strength and low specific weight.
WHAT ARE THE PECULIARITIES?
1) It has a high resistance to mechanical stress
2) Equipped with surface hardness
3) It offers excellent weather resistance
4) It has surfaces without suction and deformation, even in the presence of reinforcements
5) Equipped with chemical inertia in contact with many organic and inorganic substances(including the most common acids)
6) It has excellent electrical and thermal insulation characteristics
7) The surface can be painted with any type of covering
CHARACTERISTICS AND USES OF POLYURETHANE
It can be rigid or flexible and is the material chosen for a wide range of consumer applications such as:
- Insulation of domestic refrigerators and freezers
- insulation of buildings
- upholstery of furniture
- car components
- rollers and tyres
- composite wood panels
- shoe soles